6.22.2011

J Crew - thank you

I bought a white J Crew "belle" skirt last year and it has been a favorite summer staple. The problem is that this year, they didn't make the exact skirt and the closest style was made from a much heavier fabric. Doesn't work for this gal in the humid south.

I met a fellow sewing mom, Liza, who came to our kids swim practice to sell tank tops she makes for the team mom's; adorable!
She saw my skirt and asked if it was jcrew, but of course! She said she made it in seersucker and that it was easy to re-create...a challenge was born!



 Due to cutting after 11pm with only 1 yard, I made some mistakes. Notice the waistband is vertical although I kind of like it!
 My 6 year old insisted on capturing the outfit on film...I am not always willing!

Next- brown seersucker and my son's pick, orange seersucker. 
This time longer and will try my best at creating a tutorial.

1 comment: