6.19.2011

I Pledge Allegiance


My husband and I decided to attend a local charity polo event a few summer's ago. The tents were to be decorated in a chosen theme; ours was "patriotic". 
We spent a few weeks watching the season of "Nine by Design" where I found inspiration for my flag.
I paused, watched screen by screen, to see how artist Ann Carrington helped create one of the flags for their hotel project. Artist Ann Carrington
And an idea was born...I did a lot of sewing, breaking needles and at midnight before the event, got out my steam n' seam as my sewing machine would go no more. 
But alas, the result and I have used it every Fourth.






3 comments:

  1. Stacey! I'm so (sew) impressed! Welcome to blogland--so wonderful to have you here. Hope you all has a lovely Father's Day! Any chance at all we might see you on Saturday? Now that would be the icing on the cake!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, if only I could jump on that plane and land at that party...which by the way, probably the coolest invitation I've probably ever received! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacey, I loved this flag when you posted it last year. I am so glad to see it again. I hope you are going to post some instructions. I am wanting to know what you used for the stars...for starters...

    ReplyDelete